Fencing is a fun sport that requires both athleticism and absolute precision. To become a champion fencer you must be both fit of mind and body.
The best way to start fencing is to take a fencing class in your area at a local gym or even a YMCA.
Once you begin class and start to get the feel for fencing it is important that you buy your own equipment including
– Fencing Bags
– Fencing Masks
– Fencing Gear
– Fencing Blade
You can get all this equipment from one place at http://www.fencingnewyork.com/
- The tip of the fencing weapon is the second fastest moving object in sports. The first is a marksman’s bullet.
- Fencing suits are white because in earlier times the tip of the fencing sword was dipped in ink to record scores.
- Fencing goes back as far as 1200 A.D.
- Fencing is the only combat sport without a weight class.
- Many of ballets positions are derived from fencing.
- Fencing has been included in the Olympic Games since 1898, which is the reason the four minute time limit was invented.
Get your fencing gear online from an amazing retailer. http://www.fencingnewyork.com/
Historians can trace initial signs of fencing to the 12th century, though armed combat dates back to prehistoric times. With the Bronze Age came shield and sword fighting. Slowly, in the Middle Ages, schools added sword style training to their curriculums. Overtime, nations like Germany and Italy began reserving sword-fighting lessons exclusively for knighthood candidates. In the 16th and 17th centuries, fencing style practices started evolving, initially as training methods for eventual swordsman. Different styles of fencing-like fighting arose, and from the 18th century, onward recreational fencing clubs found residence in cities and universities internationally.
Looking for new fencing equipment? Blade Fencing Equipment offers quality products at fair prices for fantastic results.